Top Three Economic Immigration Programs to Immigrate to Canada from Qatar

If you’re planning to migrate to Canada but don’t know where to start, here’s a guide to help you with Canada’s main economic immigration programs. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) classify immigration into three categories: Economic Class, Family Class, and Refugees.

So far, the most popular pathway is economic class immigration. These immigrants qualify for permanent residency based on their work experience, education, and other economic factors.

On the other hand, Family sponsorship contributes as the second largest pathway to Canada. Through this, Canadians can sponsor their spouses, children, common-law partners, parents, grandparents, and others under this category. Finally, through the refugee immigration program, immigrants who can come to Canada are referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

Each year, thousands of immigrants move to Canada under its economic immigration program. Few of them start as international students or temporary foreign workers, while others immigrate without ever setting foot in Canada before. Here are the main immigration programs that permit immigrants to move to Canada, successfully.


Express Entry

This is an application management system for the three immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).

See also  Canadian Workers Anticipate Salary Hike in 2024

Federal Skilled Worker Program is the common pathway for applicants who haven’t worked or studied in Canada before. To stand eligible for FSWP, one require:

  • Minimum one year of eligible work experience
  • Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 on your English or French language test
  • Minimum one educational credential;
  • To prove proof of funds (if you do not have a valid Canadian job offer); and
  • To score a minimum of 67 out of 100 points on the FSWP scoring grid.

The Canadian Experience Class was started to restructure the path to permanent resident status for people who have experience living and working in Canada. To qualify for the CEC, you require:

  • Minimum one year of eligible work in Canada within the last three years
  • a CLB 7 or higher for jobs that fall under National Occupational Classification (NOC) A category, or a CLB 5 for jobs that fall under the NOC B category.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is a pathway for skilled trades workers to gain status as Canadian permanent residents to qualify for the FSTP, you need:

  • Minimum two years of skilled trades work experience within the five years before applying
  • Minimum CLB of 5 for speaking and listening and 4 for reading and writing in English or French
  • To demonstrate proof of funds (if you do not have a valid Canadian job offer)
See also  Canada's Express Entry Program Introduces First-Ever Draw for Transport Occupations

Express Entry uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to evaluate applicants’ profiles. The highest-scoring applicants receive an ITA for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry draws.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Most of the Canadian provinces and territories manage their own immigration system except Quebec and Nunavut. These programs serve as pathways to immigration that set applicants up for economic success in their regions.

Some PNPs are managed by the Express Entry system. Qualifying applicants will be invited to apply for a provincial nomination. If you are nominated, you will receive additional 600 points which also guarantees that you will receive an ITA in the subsequent Express Entry draw.

Attaining Canadian Work or Study Experience

Having Canadian work or study experience definitely opens up a doorway to more Canadian immigration pathways. If you wish to study in Canada, you will require a study permit. You can go ahead and apply for one after getting a letter of acceptance from a Canadian institution. Study permits one to legally go to school and work part or full time during scheduled academic breaks.

See also  Ontario Invited 1052 Candidates in the Latest OINP Express Entry Draw

To stand eligible for certain immigration programs one requires a Canadian education from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). Most of the programs offered will qualify the applicant for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which also allows you to work in Canada for up to three years. Although, if you have completed your studies and are not able to afford foreign student fees, you will be able to get a work permit. There are two types of work permit programs in Canada: the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and the International Mobility Program.


Temporary Foreign Worker Program

This is a type of work permit, wherein an employer requires to get a positive or neutral Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The purpose of the LMIA is for employers to the federal government that hiring a foreign worker will not affect existing workers in Canada.

International Mobility Program

In this work permit, an LMIA is not required as the work done is not considered a significant benefit to Canada. Most of the international workers come to Canada under IMP.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.