At ImmigCanada, we understand that immigration can be a daunting and tedious process, specifically when it comes to Canada. Most people choose Canada PNP as an immigration program. Here’s a quick glimpse into what exactly the PNP is, how it works, and why it could be a great option for individuals who are looking to immigrate to Canada.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
This PNP is exclusively designed by IRCC to provide Canadian provinces and territories the opportunity to choose individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada. It’s better to do in-depth research before applying for each PNP, as each PNP has its own eligibility criteria.
How Does the Canada PNP Work?
In the PNP, every province or territory has an opportunity to select immigrants who can add to their local economies and communities. The PNP applications are submitted to the provincial or territorial governments, whose admissibility is evaluated upon human capital factors such as age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and adaptability.
An immigrant is offered provincial nomination if the application is successful, which one can use to apply for permanent residency through the federal immigration system. Before granting Canadian PR status, the Canadian government follows stringent medical and security checks.
Benefits of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
There are many benefits to applying for the PNP, including:
Priority processing: PNP applicants are prioritized by the federal government, which means they may be able to obtain permanent residency more quickly than candidates through other immigration programs.
Provincial support: Usually, nominees are given additional assistance from the province or territory they are moving to, such as help with job search and settlement.
Eligibility requirements: People who qualify for Canada PNP are able to apply more easily than for other immigration programs.
How to Apply for the Provincial Nominee Program?
The PNP application process varies from each province and territory. The application process requires an individual to submit an expression of interest to the province, which is followed by a stringent eligibility assessment. In case, you’re eligible for the provincial nomination, you can further be prioritized for permanent residency through the federal government.
Each Canadian province or territory has its own qualifying criteria, so it’s important to do research before you plan to apply.
How PNP Works
PNP Eligibility Criteria
Latest PNP Draws Update
Prince Edward Island PNP
British Columbia PNP
New Brunswick PNP
Nova Scotia PNP
Northwest Territories PNP
Ontario Immigration Nominee Program
Prince Edward Island Immigration
New Brunswick Immigration
Northwest Territories Immigration
Nova Scotia Immigration
- Alberta: Admired for its natural beauty and low crime rate, Alberta offers Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) to nominate immigrants with top-notch skills to fulfill its job shortage and business people.
- British Columbia: Known for its diverse geography, British Columbia resents BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) to invite foreign workers, international students, and entrepreneurs to boost its economy.
- Manitoba: The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program invites recent graduates, skilled workers, business people, and their families to settle in Manitoba. For the same, it offers a Skilled Workers Stream, International Education Stream and Business Investor Stream.
- New Brunswick: The beautiful Maritime province New Brunswick has the New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream to invite immigrants with the finest skills, qualifications, and work experience to contribute to its economy.
- Newfoundland and Labrador: With a reputation for being friendly, loving, and welcoming, this province offers Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) that’s beneficial for Skilled workers, International graduates, and their families to immigrate to this province.
- Northwest Territories: Northwest Territories Nominee Program offers three different streams that are: Northwest Territories Express Entry, Northwest Territories Employer Driven, and Northwest Territories Business Driven.
- Nova Scotia: Boasting of its widely sprawled coastline, lush green forest, lakes and farmlands, Nova Scotia is listed as one of the most enjoyable places to live in Canada. It has Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) to invite immigrants.
- Ontario: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has nine streams that include, Foreign Worker stream, International Student stream, In-Demand Skills stream, amongst others.
- Prince Edward Island: It is the smallest province in Canada, which is famous for Red sand beaches, and red soil, potatoes. To immigrate to this province, one can apply through PEI Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has three categories, under which one can apply for immigration;
- International Skilled Worker: For skilled workers
- Saskatchewan Experience: For foreign nationals who already live and work in Saskatchewan
- Entrepreneur and Farm: For business people and for the ones who aim to buy or operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
- Yukon: The sparsely populated northwest territory of Canada, Yukon has Yukon Nominee Program to invite Foreign workers to work and live in.
If you too are targeting to move to one of the provinces, then it is recommended to counsel with our experienced immigration consultants who will run you through the entire provincial nominee program.