Introduced in 2018, Arrima stands as the Quebec government’s innovative online portal, designed to facilitate a smooth and efficient immigration process for those aspiring to call Quebec their home. The platform plays a pivotal role in managing Quebec’s Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) by inviting and receiving Expression of Interest (EOI) applications, along with document submissions for the Québec Experience Program (PEQ), Permanent Immigration Pilot Programs, and International Student Program.
Welcome to Arrima Portal
Quebec’s state-of-the-art immigration portal, Arrima, launched in September 2018, redefines the immigration experience for candidates eager to make Quebec their permanent residence.
Operating on an ‘expression of interest’ model, known as Déclaration d’intérêt, Arrima serves as an online candidate bank tailored for economic migrants. This platform allows aspiring immigrants to register for free, providing a unique pathway to immigration selection in Quebec.
Embark on your Quebec immigration journey with Arrima — where seamless processes meet the promise of a new beginning.
Arrima for Quebec Immigration Candidates
- Arrima serves as the platform for creating, submitting, and completing the Expression of Interest (EOI) application process in the Arrima pool of candidates.
- Aspiring immigrants can access a self-assessment tool within the portal, estimating their profile score and assessing their chances of receiving an invitation.
- Post-EOI submission, the platform provides a score to the applicant.
- The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) invites the highest-scoring candidates in the Arrima pool to submit a full application for permanent selection.
- Within the next 60 days, candidates must complete and submit the application to the ministry.
- After MIFI reviews and approves the application, it issues the Quebec Selection Certificate within a period of 6 months.
- The candidate can then apply for Canadian permanent residence.
- Arrima is also used for paying processing fees and applying for temporary selection for studies in Quebec.
- The portal facilitates the collection of information and submission of forms for Financial aid for part-time French courses, Accompaniments Québec programs, and The Program for Refugees Abroad (collective sponsorship), among others.
Quebec’s Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) Via Arrima
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) is evolving, transitioning from a ‘first-come, first-served’ model to a demand-based approach using the Arrima portal. This dynamic points-based immigration program has been a gateway for many to settle in diverse communities across Quebec.
Unlike Canada’s Express Entry, Quebec’s system focuses on its unique labor market needs and long-term immigration goals, governed by the Canada-Quebec Accord.
Expression of Interest (EOI) System
Quebec’s vibrant landscape is simplified only through the Expression of Interest (EOI) system. This streamlined process ensures that individuals aged 18 or older can present their profiles, where scores are assigned based on education, work experience, language proficiency, and more. To qualify, a minimum score of two points in education and one point for financial self-sufficiency is required.
Here’s to Know More About the EOI Application Process
- Step 1: Entering the Pool: Individuals aged 18 or older can submit an EOI profile, receiving scores based on factors like education, work experience, language proficiency, and more. To be eligible, a minimum score of two points in education and one point for financial self-sufficiency is required.
- Step 2: Invitation to Apply for a CSQ: Candidates selected from the EOI pool receive invitations to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) within 90 days. The system’s adaptability allows for periodic draws based on the province’s needs and priorities.
- Step 3: Application for Canadian Permanent Residence: After obtaining a CSQ, applicants can then apply to the federal government for Canadian permanent residence. The federal assessment focuses on medical and criminal admissibility, streamlining the process initiated by Quebec.
To make the best use of this portal and successfully collect and submit the required document for the Quebec immigration process, it is suggested to connect with experienced and licensed Regulate Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) at ImmigCanada.
Embark on your immigration journey through Arrima, where your skills and potential find resonance with the province’s evolving needs. Let the points system be your guide to a promising future in Quebec.