fbpx
Home » Study in Canada

Category: Study in Canada

Canadian Higher Education Shine in World Universities Rankings
Post

Canadian Higher Education Shine in World Universities Rankings

Canada’s higher education system is a beacon of academic excellence, attracting students from all over the globe. The strength of Canadian universities has been highlighted once again in the latest World University Rankings. With a diverse and multicultural environment, these institutions offer top-tier education and research opportunities. In this blog, we delve into what makes...

Ideal Destination for International Students
Post

Unlock Your Future: Why Canada is the Ideal Destination for International Students

Canada has long been a beacon for international students seeking high-quality education and a gateway to global opportunities. The country’s welcoming environment, diverse culture, and robust educational system make it an attractive choice for students worldwide. However, recent trends have shown a misalignment between the fields of study pursued by international students and the actual...

Ontario's PAL Allocation Colleges Outshine Universities in Provincial Share
Post

Ontario’s PAL Allocation: Colleges Outshine Universities in Provincial Share

Ontario’s recent Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL) allocation has sparked significant discussion in the education sector. The data reveals a strong preference for colleges over universities, raising questions about the future of international education in the province. Colleges have secured a whopping 84% of the total allocations, leaving universities with a mere 16%. This distribution has...

Strengthening Student Protections
Post

Strengthening Student Protections: New Brunswick’s Oversight of Private Career Colleges

The New Brunswick provincial government has taken proactive steps to enhance oversight and accountability within the realm of private career colleges. Through legislative amendments introduced on May 7, 2024, the government aims to fortify student protections and ensure higher standards of quality and transparency. Enhancing Student Protections One of the primary objectives of the legislative...

Indian Students' Preference Shift: Canada vs. the US
Post

Indian Students’ Preference Shift: Canada vs. the US

In recent years, there has been a significant shift in the choice of destination among Indian students seeking higher education. According to a study by the National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP), Canada has emerged as the preferred destination over the United States for Indian students. Let’s explore the reasons behind this trend and its...

French Study Requirement
Post

Quebec’s New French Study Requirement: What You Need to Know

On April 29, 2024, Quebec introduced a significant change to its Quebec Graduates stream of the Quebec Experience Program. This article provides an overview of the new French study requirement, its implications for aspiring immigrants, and the conditions applicants must meet to qualify. Understanding the French Study Requirement Effective November 23, 2024, Quebec graduates seeking...

International Student Support
Post

New Brunswick Schools Advocate for International Student Support Amid Federal Caps

New Brunswick’s post-secondary institutions are grappling with the repercussions of new federal caps on international student numbers. Despite recent efforts by the immigration department to ease restrictions, schools like St. Thomas University are expressing concerns about the limitations hindering their capacity to accept more international students. Challenges Faced by St. Thomas University St. Thomas University,...

Study Permit Allocations in 2024
Post

Canada’s Strategic Approach to Study Permit Allocations in 2024

Canada’s attractiveness as a destination for international students has been on the rise in recent years, prompting the government to implement measures to manage this influx effectively. In line with this objective, Marc Miller, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, recently unveiled the finalized allocations for study permits across provinces and territories for...

Nova Scotia’s Allocation Plan
Post

Nova Scotia’s Allocation Plan for International Students in 2024

Nova Scotia, renowned for its world-class educational institutions and welcoming communities, has unveiled its plan to issue 12,900 study permits to international students in 2024. This allocation, provided by the federal government, reflects Nova Scotia’s commitment to fostering global connections and enriching its educational landscape. Strategic Distribution Across Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) The province’s allocation...