Atlantic Canada presents Atlantic International Graduate Program for international student graduates to live in the province(s) as permanent residents. Through this program, international students without work experience can settle in any of the four provinces of Atlantic Canada; New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Atlantic International Graduate Program helps local employers hire qualified candidates for work. This way, this immigration program helps the province recruit global talent, increase the employment rate and support Atlantic Growth Strategy.
To apply for permanent residency through this immigration program, a candidate:
- Must have lived in any of the Atlantic provinces for a minimum of 16 months out of 2 years before gaining the degree, diploma, or other educational credentials.
- Must hold a 2-year certificate, diploma, or degree from a recognized publicly-funded institution in the Atlantic province.
- Must have been a full-time student during the education duration
- Had a visa or permit required to work, study or train in Canada
- Need to get their education assessed for this immigration plan, if their education credentials gained from outside Canada.
- Is required to take one of the language tests; English or French to confirm that they have sufficient knowledge of either of the languages to live well in Canada.
- Is required to demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves and their family upon moving to Canada. The required amount depends on the number of family members immigrating and those who are being supported but not immigrating. If the applicant is already living in Canada and holds a work permit, no proof is required.
- Is required to have a valid job offer by a designated employer for a full-time, non-seasonal job, for at least a year with NOC TEER level 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Should submit their application along with all the required documents.
If you need any assistance for the Atlantic International Graduate Program or any other immigration plans offered by Atlantic Canada, connect with our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC).