For all those who are aiming to move to Canada for work, study or for permanent residency, it is essential for them to have language proficiency in either English or French. The language proficiency is displayed through a language assessment result. IELTS is one of the most widely sought-after assessments of English language proficiency for governments and academic institutions. A good IELTS score improves one’s chances of receiving a Canadian visa.
Tips to Crack IELTS Exam
1. Practice More: To prepare for the exam, you must repeatedly take practices tests as it will help you determine your strengths and weakness. It will further help you figure out sections where in extra efforts are required so that you can work on it, accordingly.
2. Analyze the Test Format: With constant practice, you will be able to gauge the test structure. It is important to familiarize oneself with the question pattern, so as to prepare better for it.
3. Time Management: While taking the practice tests, you must follow the time limit as it helps perform in real assessment. Thus, during practice exams try to complete the whole exam in the allocated time.
4. Improve your Language Skill and IELTS strategies: Since IELTS is an English exam, thus along with the preparation, you must work on your English language skills. While working on the language skills, you must come up with your own strategy to crack IELTS as per your skill-set.
5. Prepare for Listening Module: The listening module of the exam is demanding, thus practice multitasking along with listening practice. The practice of the same while doing a group activity or playing a game with friends can be of much help.
6. Read More: To perform better in the reading section of the exam, it is important to read different kinds of material. It will help you understand the writer’s opinion and purpose and deliver better in the final tests.
7. Use Apt English Terms When Writing: Writing module of the assessment requires more practice than any other module as many people find is difficult to score in this exam. Thus, to score better in this module, pay attention to the terms you use during writing.
8. Practice for Speaking Section: Under the speaking section, you will be required to have conversation with examiner and speak on a topic. In this exam, examiner will essentially judge your vocabulary and fluency.
Following the above suggestions, you can easily score the required score in the language test and improve your chances of receiving Canadian study or work visa.
If you have more queries regarding the language assessment or Canadian visa process, then connect with experienced immigration consultants at ImmigCanada to have all your answers.