Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who would like to become Permanent Residents based on being qualified in a specific skilled trade or industry.
Minimum Requirements for Federal Skilled Trades Program
To be qualified, you must:
- Meet the required language levels for each of the language ability or skill
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience in the skilled trade or industry within the 5 years before applying
- Meet the requirements of the job in which the skilled trade or industry is found in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except when you need a certificate of qualification
- A valid job offers from a Canadian Employer for at least 1 year or you have a certificate of qualification from Canadian provincial, territorial or federal authority
This is not required for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, however, to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, these are what you can do:
- Did you attend school in Canada? If so, you can acquire points
- You attended school outside of Canada and assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
Proof of funds
You must prove that you have enough money to support yourself or your family while looking for work. You don’t need this if you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
You can also read more about Canada Immigration from our blog and read the latest updates from our website. We can help you find the life in Canada that you wish for. Contact us to know more about the process that you want to follow and we can help you decide.