Express Entry is Canada’s federal immigration program that invites approximately 110000 skilled workers and professionals engaged in skilled trades, annually from all over the world. Through this program, Canada provides immigrants with permanent residence in the country to enhance their economic and social prosperity.
Managed by the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), Express Entry is an online process that requires candidates to submit their profiles. Further through the Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS), candidates’ profiles are ranked and selected for the invitation. Candidates are required to follow the below step-by-step breakdown of the Express Entry Process.
- Begin by determining the eligibility match for suitable federal economic immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), or Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSC). The candidate needs to be eligible for one of the three programs to enter into the Express Entry pool.
- Next, a candidate must complete a standard language test as language proficiency in either English or French language is required for the immigration process. This process evaluates language skills in reading, speaking, writing, and listening.
- Create an Express Entry profile and submit it on the IRCC website as an expression of interest. The IRCC reviews this profile and provides a score in the Express Entry pool out of 1,200 points. Candidates can also improve their ranking by improving their CRS score with professionals’ help as it will improve their chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Furthermore, IRCC organizes Express Entry draws usually every two weeks and invites candidates with high ranks to apply for Canadian Residency. Candidates who do not receive the invitations, their profile expires after 12 months, and are required to submit a new profile.
- The candidates who receive the Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada, are required to submit their complete profile and pay fees within 60 days. This profile requires detailed personal information, certain documents along with a medical exam and police certificate. Basis this profile, the IRCC then provides an Acknowledgment of Receipt(AOR).
- After the submission, the IRCC takes a final decision on the AOR and processes the application within 6 months. After the approval, the candidates receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and a permanent resident visa (basis on the country) and can now travel to Canada.
If you’re overwhelmed by the extensive steps required to process the Canada Immigration profile, then leave this heavy task to the hands of our experienced and professional RCICs. You can connect with our licensed experts.
Documents for Express Entry
Submit an Express Entry profile: Online form
Apply for permanent residence: Express Entry
If your Express Entry application is approved
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for Express Entry
Express Entry Invitation to Apply explained