The Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) facilitates all foreign nationals to continue working in Canada legally for any employer while their permanent residency application is under process. All the candidates who have applied for permanent residence in the country through below cited economic immigration programs can be successfully considered for a BOWP:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec Skilled Workers
- Agri-Food Pilot Program
You are Eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit, if:
1. If you have been permitted to enter and live in Canada as a temporary resident and have:
- A valid working permit
- As per section 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), you have the authorization to work in Canada for renewal of the work permit under subsection R201(1)
2. You have submitted an application for Canadian permanent residence under one of the economic immigration programs as the primary applicant.
3. You have completed any one of Application for Permanent Residence (APR) stages. You can connect with our licensed RCICs to get detailed information on the same.
In addition to this, after your BOWP approval, your spouse too becomes eligible for an open work permit.
Eligibility Criteria for Your Spouse
- A valid work permit or authorization to work in Canada for 6 months without a work permit under Section 186(w) of IRPR
- The job work must fall under National Occupational Classification, (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A or B, a NOC 0, A, B, or C application as per the selected program.
- One must be physically residing in Canada.
How to Apply for a BOWP?
You are required to submit your application to the federal authority along with the fees.
You must ensure that application is correctly filled and submitted. The required documents must be submitted along with the application.
In order to ensure that you and your spouse easily gain the BOWP, connect with our immigration professionals at ImmigCanada now. Our professionals will work along with you and guide you at every step till you receive your preferred Canadian work permit.