Visit Canada

Temporary Resident Visa in Canada

A temporary resident visa (TRV) is an authorized counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport as evidence that they have met the conditions for admittance to Canada as a temporary resident.

If you have a TRV it will not ensure your entry to Canada. The admittance of foreign nationals into Canada as temporary residents is not a right but a privilege.


You should be able to prove that you meet the conditions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that your stay in Canada is on a temporary basis.

You should also:

  • Convince an officer that you will depart Canada at the end of your visa,
  • You must provide evidence that you have adequate money to provide for yourself and your family members in Canada and that you have the intention to go back home,
  • You should not show any intention to work or study in Canada unless you are allowed to do so
  • You should have no record of criminal activity and that you will follow the law
  • You should not be a security risk
  • You should be in good health; you may require a medical certificate in some instances

Super visa

The parent or grandparents of Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents can avail of the Super Visa program. If granted, you will have up to 10 years of maximum validity. This program has a short processing time of 8-weeks only.

For those who are in a visa-exempt country, you are normally given 6-months to stay in Canada without a visitor visa. In this program, you can apply to receive a letter of introduction. With this letter, you would have 2 years.


You must be eligible for a visitor visa, with that you should be in good health and you have a valid travel document, and you must prove that you will leave Canada after your visa expires. You should also show that you have a reason to come back to your country, these would be; job, family, or property you should also have enough fund to support yourself when in Canada.

You must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident. You should provide medical insurance valid of a minimum of one year, including a minimum coverage of $100,000, this should cover repatriation, hospitalization, and care. You will have to undergo a medical exam.

For your sponsor, they should show proof that they are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents, they should have given you an invitation letter which includes your planned visit, your child/children or grandchild/grandchildren’s occupation, and economic capability. It should also include the promise to support you while you are in Canada.

When given this type of visa you cannot work or study while in Canada. You can also apply for Super Visa while waiting for your Permanent Residency.


Let ImmigCanada Fulfill Your Canadian Dreams!

Apply Now

Your immigration to Canada is just a click away. There is an immigration program for everyone.

Thank you for submitting your information!

Now, In order for us to verify that you
meet our internal requirements,
please answer 2 quick questions:

What would you like to do in Canada?