The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a program recently introduced that will speed up the processing for those seeking to study in Canada. This specifically caters to Filipinos, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Indian citizens. The introduction of the SDS program is a positive development for these citizens from Asia who are looking for international exposure in their schooling.
The SDS Program is supported by Scotiabank. They are a leading Canadian financial institution. Scotiabank will provide eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC). It will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program.
Study Direct Stream Program Requirements
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes, or CEGEP;
- An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within the past two years;
- Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
- Upfront medical examination at least one week before the submission of the application.
Advantages of applying under SDS
The major advantages of applying under SDS are:
- Streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
- Less financial documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.
Students seeking to study in Canada will have a greater opportunity after graduation. Studying in Canada is definitely an advantage because of the following:
- World-class institutions
- Lower cost
- A safe and healthy environment for students
- Work while studying
- Eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)
- Opportunity to Apply for Permanent Resident in Canada
If you’re from the Philippines, Vietnam, China, or India, this is the opportunity to make your Canadian dream happen. Take advantage of the Study Direct Stream today.
More than 750 million people around the world would migrate if they could!