The Super Visa is a temporary resident visa that allows sponsored parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or PRs to visit their Canadian families. The program is an alternative to the Parents and Grandparents program (PGP). A super visa is a multi-entry visa that allows reuniting with parents and grandparents multiple times for a period of up to 10 years.
What is the Eligibility For a Super visa?
To stand eligible for a Super Visa, a sponsor;
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Should be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (PR)
- Must be in a good financial position
- And, residing in Canada at the time of super visa application
What is the Eligibility for Individuals Coming to Canada?
- Must be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Should apply for the super visa from outside Canada
- Must have documents that prove the child or grandchild’s minimum income
- Should prove parental relationship
- Must have strong ties to their home country.
- Must not be inadmissible to Canada
- Must also prove through a letter signed by a child or grandchild
Individuals can prove their financial status by providing;
- A notice of assessment (NOA);
- Current tax slips;
- An employment insurance remainder;
- A job letter with complete salary details;
- Bank statements, and pay stubs;
- An undertaking signed by a child or grandchild which confesses the following three things;
- A financial promise to secure them till the time of their stay
- Number of persons in the family
- Valid copy of child or grandchild’s Canadian Citizenship or PR
The candidate must also have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
- Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
- Minimum of $100,000 of emergency coverage
- Proof of the medical insurance has been paid in full
To provide evidence for the availability of enough funds, you require the following documents;
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the latest tax year
- Employment Insurance Stubs
- An employment letter that includes salary and hiring date
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements
Once you submit your application IRCC will thoroughly review the application and ensure that it has all the essential documents. However, if needed IRCC may ask you to appear for an interview, and submit medical examination reports and a police verification certificate.
Our team would be delighted to assist you with any questions you may have relating to Super Visas. Know more about Canadian Immigration sponsorship programs and read the latest updates from our website.