Why Professional Immigration Assistance Let’s Analyze a Simple Query to Find out Why!

Why Professional Immigration Assistance? Let’s Analyze a Simple Query to Find out Why!

Professional immigration assistance is needed only if you don’t have a strong profile and cannot qualify for an ITA on your own, right? Wrong! Immigration may become less complex if you have the advantages of a strong profile and a valid job offer in Canada.

However, that doesn’t guarantee that you won’t face complications or issues that can spoil your chances of settling in Canada. Let us look at three examples/case studies that highlight how even simple issues can complicate your immigration journey.

I worked when studying in Canada on a study permit. Does this work experience count towards my professional work experience when creating my EE profile?

This may seem like a pretty simple question but it is impossible to answer this accurately without getting additional information.

Did you start working before or after your studies began?

See also  A Positive Shift: Fewer Overqualified Immigrants in the Canadian Workforce

Even if your study permit permits on-campus or off-campus work, you cannot and should not start working before your studies begin. Such work experience, obviously, won’t count and you may end up facing action for violating the terms of your study permit.

Also Read

Professional Immigration Assistance – Necessary in normal times and Absolutely Invaluable during Emergencies

Covid-19 Just the Final Blow for US—Canada already the Preferred Study Destination for International Students

Are You Applying Through Express Entry?

Work experience gained as a full-time Canadian studies cannot be used to increase your CRS score. Work experience gained as a student will be counted in your CRS score only if you were a full-time student outside Canada.

Which Federal Program?

So, does this mean student work experience doesn’t count for your PR application? Your CRS score refers to your EE profile, and student work experience doesn’t count there.

See also  Enhancing Employer Understanding: Canada’s Outreach Sessions for the Temporary Foreign Worker Program

But, you can include it when assessing your eligibility under the FSWP. This means working when you are a foreign student in Canada can help you qualify under the FSWP and try for PR immediately after you graduate.

But, this is allowed only under the FSWP. Anybody applying under the CEC or FSTP cannot include work experience obtained when studying in Canada.

Can you see how a seemingly-simple query can involve so many nuances? And it doesn’t end there.

Full-time work experience counts but part-time work experience gained as a full-time student in Canada doesn’t count in your PR application.  

So, Why Formal Legal Assistance?

A quick search online will help you find many answers about whether student work experience counts or not. But, which answer can you rely upon? And what if the answer does not cover your specific facts?

See also  Canada Expands Humanitarian Measures for Gaza - A Ray of Hope Amidst Crisis

And this is just one query about one aspect of your FSWP eligibility and EE profile. Things don’t matter if you are comfortable with guesswork. But if you are serious about Canadian work permit or PR, then you cannot afford to have so many gray areas in your immigration application.   The information provided here in this blog too cannot be treated as legal advice. If you really want a proper answer to your ‘student work experience’ question, then only a formal legal consultation will suffice.

Fast and Reliable Canada Immigration Services. Determine Your Options Today!