Home » Work in Canada » Work Visa Types

Work Visa Types

Canada work permit and visa is an essential for all foreign nationals who intend to work and stay in Canada. Though, it can be acquired after moving to Canada, however, it helps gaining the visa swiftly. To get detailed info of varied types of Canadian work visas and permits, you can connect with our experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) contact@immigcanada.com

Types of Canadian Work Permits

Open Work Permit: This permit option exempts the requirement of a LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) for work visa and is suitable for foreign nationals who want to work for the employer of their choice.

Employer-Specific Work Permit: Requiring LMIA, this permit limits the foreign nationals to work only for a specific employer, at a specific location and for a stipulated duration.

Types of Canadian Work Visas

1. International Mobility Program (IMP): Without requiring LMIA, this work visa helps hiring skilled foreign workers at different levels on a temporary or permanent basis in the country. It benefits the candidate apply for permanent residency through various programs under Express Entry System or Federal Economic Programs or Canadian Experience Class. To apply for IMP, one requires a valid Canadian job offer, travel visa.

International Mobility Programs (IMPs) are:

  • Post-graduate work permit program
  • Reciprocal Youth Change Agreements
  • International Free Trade Agreements
  • Intra-Company Transfer Program
  • Bridging Open-Work Permit
  • Circumstances of Social or Cultural Benefit to Canada

2. Working Holiday Visa (IEC): This visa is beneficial for those who want to work part-time while traveling to Canada. Depending on the candidate’s country, the time duration may vary between 12 to 24 months. It is available for candidates from 34 countries that have a youth mobility arrangement with Canada. The application process includes:

  • Creating an online Express Entry profile
  • Waiting for the draw to take place upon completion
  • Submitting your application within 20 days if you have received your Invitation to Apply (ITA)

3. Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP): Requiring LMIA, this visa helps Canadian employers hire skilled workers under different streams. TFWP streams determined by the National Occupation Classification (NOC) are:

  • High Wage Worker Stream
  • Low Wage Worker Stream
  • Agriculture Worker Stream
  • Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP)
  • Global Talent Stream
  • Home Care Provider Stream
  • Foreign Academics

Eligibility requirement for these streams are:

  • Valid job offer letter.
  • Valid passport.
  • Medical examination and certificate.
  • Police clearance certificate.
  • Proof of English and French language proficiency.
  • Copy of LMIA.
  • Proof of funds.

4. Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP): This programs helps gaining visa faster compared to other programs.

  • It is suitable for candidates who have studied from Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
  • It provides the student with an open-work permit.
  • It facilitates work in either part-time or full-time for a Canadian employer.
  • Its validity is from 8 months to three years

If you are interested in knowing suitable work visa for your requirement and eligibility, then connect with our professional immigration consultants at ImmigCanada. Our professionals will help you from the scratch till you successfully gain your preferred Canadian Visa.