Home » Work in Canada » International Mobility Program

International Mobility Program

The International Mobility Program (IMP) has been introduced by Canada to hire international workers on a temporary basis without the usage of Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). LMIA is proof that’s presented by the Canadian employer to show that they have been unsuccessful in filling a job locally.

Through this program, Canadian employers hire foreign workers by providing them with permanent and temporary work. Thus, candidates can easily apply for an open work permit and eventually apply for permanent residency through various provincial programs.

Stream and Programs Under International Mobility Program

Programs that do not require submission of LMIA are:

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program: The candidates who have studied at and graduated from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) can apply for this program.

Reciprocal Youth Exchange Agreements: The applicants who are between the age of 18 to 30 (35), with an aim to travel and work in Canada can apply for immigration through an exchange agreement, such as the International Experience Canada (IEC).

International Free Trade Agreements: Under varied International Free Trade Agreements, such as North American Free Trade Agreement, Canada-Chile FTA/Canada-Peru FTA/Canada-Columbia FTA/Canada-Korea FTA/, Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA); and General Agreement On Trade In Services.

North American Free Trade Agreement, an applicant can apply for temporary entry for business purposes.

The Intra-Company Transfer Program: This program is suitable for those applicants who intend to shift to a Canadian branch of the company they currently work for.

The Bridging Open Work Permit: This work permit program suits the requirement of those candidates who desire to work in Canada and are in the transition phase of becoming permanent residents.

Circumstances of Social or Cultural Benefit to Canada: It fits the bill of those candidates who can significantly contribute to Canada. They can apply through Mobilité Francophone Program.

Connect with our licensed and skilled Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants to help you pave your way to successfully gaining your Canadian immigration or work permit.