The Student Direct Stream (SDS) facilitates international students to study in Canada with the issuance of a study permit within 20 calendar days. Students residing in below 14 SDS participating countries can apply for a Canada study permit:
- The Philippines
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Student Direct Stream Study Permit Requirements
- Higher English or French language proficiency for academic purposes.
- CAD10,000 investments that can be accessed when applicant begins their studies in Canada. This is presented through GIC. For GIC, one must select a bank that fulfills the criteria of a GIC and offers guaranteed & best rate of return for a fixed period of time to international students.
Along with this, the below-mentioned documents are required to apply for the SDS student permit:
- An acceptance letter from a post-secondary Designated Learning Institution.
- Proof of tuition fees payment of the first year of study.
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD $10,000.
- A Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (only if you’re planning to study in Quebec).
- A medical exam (if needed).
- A police certificate (if needed).
- Copy of secondary or post-secondary school certificate.
- Language test results.
Steps to Gain Canada Study Permit Within 20 Calendar Days
1. Eligibility Check: If the applicant fulfills the eligibility criteria for SDS, then they must collect the required documents and submit those along with the application and biometrics. Processing fees is paid along with the application submission process.
2. Application for Family Members: The family members such as spouse or children can move along with the applicant by applying for open work and study permits. Thus, it is essential to submit their application along with yours.
After having completed a degree course in Canada, the country opens new realms of great work opportunities that can be used with numerous easy-to-access work permit programs. While working in Canada, gaining permanent residency becomes even easier.
If you are a resident of one of the 14 countries and looking forward to gaining a study permit under Student Direct Stream (SDS), then leave your application in the trusted hands of our licensed visa professionals at ImmigCanada. Our professionals ensure optimal results.