As an international student, if you are looking for an affordable and suitable country to pursue your studies in, then it is recommended to move to Canada. Since, it is the most educated country, which is economic for students compared to U.S and U.K. Additionally, it offers various programs under which international students can get a permanent residency in the country with ease.
How to Obtain Canada Study Permit?
1. Get Enrolled in a Canadian University: Begin the study visa application process by getting yourself enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada. The country boasts of numerous affordable tertiary institutions.
2. Apply for the Canadian Study Permit: Next step involves applying for the permit with the below-mentioned documents:
- An acceptance letter from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
- A valid passport or travel document.
- Proof of funds to display you can fund yourself and any family members (who is moving along) during your stay in Canada.
Additionally, as per your native country of origin, you may require other documents such as:
- A letter of explanation.
- A certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ).
- A custodian declaration, if you’re a minor
Make sure that the application is correctly completed before submission.
3. Pay Processing and Biometric Fees: At the end of the application, you are required to pay processing and biometric fees for yourself and anyone else on your application.
4. Get Upfront Medical Receipt and Police Clearance Certificate (If Needed): If your course duration is longer than that of six months, then you are required to present a medical test result. It can be either before or after the application submission. For the same, follow the instructions presented by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
5. Wait For the Application Results: Depending on the applicant’s native country, the application processing time varies. The generic waiting time for application processing is of 16 weeks, which can be shorter for applicants from countries participating in the Student Direct Stream.
To be eligible for the Student Direct Stream, you must be a native of the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
If you too are planning to move to Canada for further studies and want your application to land in the approved pile, then hire our expert immigration professionals at ImmigCanada who will work with you and ensure your success in the permit receiving process.