All those international immigrants who want to move to Canada as self-employed person can easily benefit from Canada’s Self–employment program. The beneficial aspect of the Self-employed Program is that it doesn’t require net worth, unlike an Entrepreneur’s Visa Program. The candidate is only required to have proof of funds to take care of themselves and their accompanying family. Another perk of this program is that an applicant only requires two years of experience in their selected field in order to practice in that area of culture or athletics.
To apply for immigration under this program, the applicant is required to have:
- Relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics.
- They must intend and be able to add value to the cultural or athletic life of Canada
Canada’s National Occupation Classification presents a list of all the career types along with their codes. The type of work that falls under the cultural or athletic category are:
- Cultural: Painter, Dancer, Journalist, Writer, Musician, Designer, amongst others
- Athletics: Sports coach, Athlete, Referee, Program leaders
As a self-employed program applicant, one is required to check if their title belongs to any of these categories. In case of confusion, connect with our experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs). Our professionals will carefully review the profile and provide with required guidance basis its strong and weak points.
Application Process Include:
- An application is ranked basis certain criteria under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- These points are further used to score the applicant’s profile.
- Basis this score, profiles are ranked against one another in the pool of candidates.
- As per the draw in the pool, candidates are then sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in Canada.
- Work Experience: A minimum 2 years of experience in their selected field is required.
- Education: The candidate is required to have relevant tertiary or skills qualifications in the chosen field.
- Age: The profile is scored basis the age as well. Applicants in the age range of 21-49 are given highest scores.
- Language skills: Applicant is required to have proficiency in either English or French.
- Adaptability: It is to ensure that the applicant can easily adapt to the diverse culture of the country.
The further process of registering the business depends on the province and type of selected business modal. Certain types of businesses may require either business visas or open work permits.
To know in-depth detail about the federal business program, work licenses, document collation, and more, connect with our knowledgeable professionals at ImmigCanada now.