This program is for applicants who have skilled work experience. Skilled work includes:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
If you are not sure which skilled work experience you have, we can help you with that, this is why we are here for, to make it easy for you. Aside from the skilled work experience, the two other minimum requirements for this program are language ability and education.
The selection factors
- Work experience
- Whether you have a valid job offer (arranged employment in Canada)
- English and/or French language skills
- Adaptability (how well you can settle in Canada)
These factors are a 100-point base grid that is used to assess the eligibility of the applicant. You only need 67 points to qualify for the program.
Equivalency of the selection factors:
- Age: Maximum of 12 if you are 18-35 years old. You will lose points as you go above 35-years old.
- Education: Maximum of 25 points. This will depend on your qualifications, Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required to determine your qualification.
- Work experience: Maximum of 15 points. The number of years full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week), you may find your work experience equivalency in the National Occupation Classification (link this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html ), 6 years or more full-time work in the last 10 years will have 15 points.
- Valid job offers (arranged employment in Canada): Maximum of 10 points. If you have at least a 1-year job offer from a Canadian Employer
- English and/or French language skills: Maximum of 28 points. 24 points for the first official language and an additional 4 for the second official language. E.g., the First official language is English (24) and the second official language is French (4). You need an approved language test for this (link this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html )
- Adaptability: Maximum of 10 points. This is your background that will help you integrate into Canadian society. Such as; previous work or study experience as well as certain types of relatives and if you are married, and your spouse has basic language proficiency in English or French, this can also add points to the application
Proof of funds
You must prove that you have enough money to support you or your family while looking for work. You don’t need this if you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.