This program is for applicants who have Canadian work experience, or you have worked in Canada before and you want to become a Permanent Resident.
To be qualified, you must:
- Meet the required language levels (link this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements.html) for each of the language ability or skill
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience in the skilled trade or industry within the 3 years before applying
- Your work experience was from working legally in Canada
Work experience means:
- Managerial jobs (skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (skill type A)
- Technical jobs (skill type B)
You should be able to prove that the duties you performed are set out in the lead statement of the description of your occupation which can be found in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed on the said list.
Please note that experience from self-employment and work experience, while you are a student, does not count here.
This is not required for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, however, to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, these are what you can do:
- Did you attend school in Canada? If so, you can acquire points
- You attended school outside of Canada and assessed by Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)